The Senate Judiciary Committee is currently debating bipartisan legislation that will protect Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation from interference by the executive branch.
Right now, only Senators Lindsay Graham and Thom Tillis have committed to protecting this essential investigation. If you live in a state represented by a Republican member of the Judiciary Committee, we need your help!
Step One: Find your Republican Senator(s) on the Judiciary Committee
Tip: if you’re in Texas or Utah, you have two Senators on the committee.
|Name||State||Phone Number||Contact Page||Twitter Profile|
|Arizona||Jeff Flake||202-224-4521||Contact Form||@SenJeffFlake|
|Idaho||Mike Crapo||202-224-6142||Contact Form||@MikeCrapo|
|Iowa||Charles Grassley||202-224-3744||Contact Form||@ChuckGrassley|
|Louisiana||John Kennedy||202-224-4623||Contact Form||@JohnKennedyLA|
|Nebraska||Ben Sasse||202-224-4224||Contact Form||@SenSasse|
|Texas||John Cornyn||202-224-2934||Contact Form||@JohnCornyn|
|Texas||Ted Cruz||202-224-5922||Contact Form||@SenTedCruz|
|Utah||Orrin Hatch||202-224-5251||Contact Form||@SenOrrinHatch|
|Utah||Mike Lee||202-224-5444||Contact Form||@SenMikeLee|
Step Two: Contact your Senator(s) and urge them to protect Mueller
A phone call is typically the fastest, easiest and most effective method for making your opinion known.
- Make sure you are calling a Senator who represents you. Do not call Senators outside your state.
- Find their number in the table above, and be polite to the staff person who answers. They may ask if you need a response, and you should say “no.”
- Establish that you live in the state by providing your city and zip code.
- Make it clear that you support legislation protecting the Mueller investigation from interference. You probably don’t need to explain why you support it, simply voicing your support is sufficient.
- Here’s an example: “My name is [your name], I’m a resident of [your city], and my zip code is [your zip code]. I just wanted the Senator to know that I am in favor of legislation protecting the Mueller investigation from interference. I don’t need a response.”
Via Contact Form:
If you are unable to call or are uncomfortable with making a phone call, you can also contact your Senator via the contact form on their website. For the contact page URL, see the table above.
- Make sure you are contacting a Senator who represents you. Do not contact Senators outside your state.
- Provide accurate information in the required fields.
- If you voted for them in the last election, mention it.
- In your message, quickly but clearly make it known that you support legislation protecting the Mueller invention from interference. Simply voicing your support is sufficient – you probably don’t need to explain why.
- If the form asks whether you need a response, choose “no”
Step Three: More ways to help
Tweet your support to your Senator: While this is not a substitute for contacting them directly, tweeting your support is an easy and public way to further show your support for the rule of law. Senators’ Twitter profiles are available in the table above.
Share this page on Facebook: Let your friends and family know how you feel about this issue, and encourage them to do likewise. Share on Facebook now.